As we approach the 8th month anniversary of the landing of Super Storm Sandy and the destruction it left behind, HEART 9/11 is proud to announce we have reported to the Robin Hood Foundation that their significant investment with HEART 9/11 has been accomplished by completing 60% more homes than expected two months ahead of schedule. HEART 9/11 to date has completed the sheetrocking, insulation and subflooring of 160 homes in the Gerritsen Beach, Brooklyn, and Rockaway, Queens which is 60 homes more than the Robin Hood Foundation required completed by August 31, 2013. This incredible feat is only made possible because of the overwhelming response of our expert volunteer base and our partners, GB Cares, the Carpenters Apprentice Program, Laborers Local 79 – New York City and District Council 9.
Acitivity during last 8 months:
• 130 homes gutted following Sandy
• 160 homes sheetrocked, insulated and replaced flooring
• Built a Firehouse in Miracle Village, Haiti
• Built a home for a returning wounded veteran in Manchester, CT with Purple Heart Homes
• Responded to Moore, OK, providing emergency support and the safe recovery of homeowners personal property
HEART 9/11 cannot thank our members, partners and supporters enough for putting Mission first. We look forward to your continued support as HEART 9/11 moves forward to restore a sense of normalcy to the victims of Super Storm Sandy.