Gerritsen Beach Cares – Sandy Relief Program Community Meeting 11/20/12
- FEMA - 1-800-621-FEMA (3362) or http://www.disasterassistance.gov/ Get registration number. You MUST have this number to access other programs including Rapid Response and Red Cross!
- Rapid Response – call 311 or www.nyc.gov YOU MUST HAVE FEMA #! Call to set up appointment for an assessment. This is FREE and so will be the work done when scheduled. http://www.nyc.gov/html/misc/html/2012/rapid_repairs.html
- American Red Cross: has representatives here in the community daily, we will also find out how GB residents can directly contact RC for individual needs, which information we do not have tonight. ARC reps will be at GB Cares Sandy Relief Program at 9 & 3 daily to assist you.
Some of the many services that American Red Cross have available:
- Providing up to $500 for medically related needs that are not covered by any other resource
- Gift certificates for eyeglasses
- Supplies such as nebulizers, hospital beds, wheelchairs, etc.
- Phone Cards
- Free Legal Service – www.legalservicesnyc.org 347-592-2411
- For help with insurance problems: Dept of Financial Services 718-907-1104 or 800-339-1759
- NY State Development Corp – Qualified Homeowner Grant and Low interest loans! 1-855-NYSANDY and www.govenor.ny.gov
IF NOT YET CLEANED AND GUTTED:
- Remove ALL wet, flood damaged possessions, bag all non-furniture items and place at the curb for Sanitation to remove.
- Strip, bag, and remove all drywall at the minimum of 1 foot above flood line and place at the curb.
- Wash ALL surfaces with a 1/2 & 1/2 mixture of clorox and water
- Ventilate wet areas when temperatures are above freezing
- PLEASE sweep front walk and street in front of house to remove loose nails (flat tire hazard!)
If you need help you can fill out a survey at our location or call Kelly @ 917-543-9481
Check on your neighbors, report to us about any still empty and/or seemingly abandoned houses. See if you can get name/phone contact of empty houses.
Let us know of any elderly or shut in residents that need hot meals delivered or have need of any other in house assistance.
Contact GB Cares in person, email: email@example.com
Thanksgiving Dinner First seating at 2:00- second seating at 4:00 2648 Gerritsen Ave @ Devon
Party on Black Friday!!
Celebrate our spirit, Share with your neighbors! Party/BBQ on Friday 11/23 from 12:30p-4:30p, across the street from the Cort Club (2648 Gerritsen Ave & Devon).
HOSTED BY GB CARES – SANDY RELIEF PROGRAM
PROVIDED BY -THE FOOTPRINTS FOUNDATIONS